Stone fire place in Alpine, NJ.
Heavy smoke damage on a stone fireplace that was less than 30 feet from the fire. SERVPRO of Northeast Bergen County used Ice Blasting to not only restore the fireplace but all the exposed wood beams as well. This process saved the fireplace from costly repairs. The insurance company was happy and more importantly, the homeowner was thrilled not to have to make any changes to the fireplace that had been in place since the home was built in 1952. Ice Blasting of the wood beams was also a success leading to less downtime for the repairs to be done. The homeowner thought the 8 x 12 stone face of their fireplace was beyond repair. We approach everything with "what CAN we do" rather than "what CAN'T we do." This was a tough one, but we got it done.