Our Closter Water Damage Repairs Target the Source
Call in the professionals for water cleanup, to avoid additional water loss in your home. our SERVPRO technicians are available 24/7.
Sip a Freshly-made Bubble Tea at Closter's First Establishment
One of the most noteworthy culinary phenomena spreading across the nation has, in recent years, been bubble tea. Closter residents would need to travel far to find a shop selling these teas, but now, a location has opened up in our community. Gong Cha is the most popular nationwide chain of bubble tea specialists, and they chose to open their first shop in New Jersey right here in Closter.
The concept of bubble tea began in Taiwan several decades ago. It involves a multitude of tea varieties that are typically served cold and with milk. What sets a glass of bubble tea apart from ordinary milk tea is introducing tapioca pearls in the bottom of the cup. Besides adding flavor and texture, the pearls are often mixed with fruit, spice, and other creative additions. The result is a layered tea with complex flavors.
With a modern and relaxing interior, Gong Cha hopes to create a more welcoming atmosphere than the fast-paced air of Starbucks and other coffee shops. Swing by, here in Closter, for a cup of bubble tea to see if it lives up to the hype.
Perhaps the Best Fine Dining in Closter
Living near one of the world's culinary capitals may be great, but many of us in Closter lack time to travel into the city every night for dinner. Thankfully, one of the city's most highly-regarded chefs, a native to our Closter community, now cooks here instead. The Hill is one of the highest quality dining experiences in the entire region, and if you have not tried it yet, perhaps a dinner service may be what you need.
Owned and operated by chef Ben Pollinger, The Hill serves seasonal American dishes while being unafraid to take elements from foreign cooking styles. Pollinger was a Michelin-starred chef in New York before relocating here in 2018, founding the restaurant of his dreams. In addition to an evolving menu composed of top-quality ingredients and dishes, the establishment also offers an impressive array of wines and craft beers that pleases even the most discerning connoisseur.
The Hill is open seven days per week for lunch and dinner service and features a kids' menu for family outings. Check them out if you have not already experienced one of the best dining experiences in the entire Closter region.
Water Damage Repairs Need to Target Hidden Threats
One of the most important reasons insurance companies encourage homeowners in Closter to contact water damage repair professionals like SERVPRO is the difficulty that many handymen face in finding the source of the issue. Throughout your home, many permeable materials may transfer water into hidden places, which can later seep back into the common areas to cause long-term issues. Our inspectors utilize many tools to contend with this threat, including:
- Infrared scanning devices
- Thermal imaging tools
- Penetrating moisture detectors
- Isolated demolitions for visual assessment
Once we identify the source of the problem, we can begin treating it. The thorough inspection process ensures that no sign of the water damage is present after we leave.
SERVPRO of Northeast Bergen County is professional, fast, and cost-efficient with any water damage restoration project for Closter and the surrounding area.. Call us at (201) 244-0100.
What Can Be Done to Prepare a Home for Flooding in Closter?
Storm damage is no easy task. Call the professionals at SERVPRO for their IICRC certified trained technicians. No flood damage is too big or small.
Lessen flood damage with these tips for flood preparation
Flooding is always a concern in New Jersey, and this past year has seen an increase in storms and rainfall. Closter residents need to know how to prepare and what to expect.
Preparing Your Home for Flood Situations
Floodwaters in are a serious concern. They ruin homes by sending contaminated waters surging through homes. But being prepared can make a difference. Here are ways to lessen the impact of flood damage in Closter:
- Keep gutters, storm drains, and ground-level drains free of debris and leaves
- Store essential documents and valuables in containers that are waterproof.
- Prepare an emergency kit with things like flashlights, batteries, and bottled water.
- Have an emergency plan in place and practice it.
Safety is Paramount
Keeping your family safe is your first concern. When it is safe to enter, SERVPRO can provide flood damage mitigation. Never try to enter your home to save belongings. We understand the hazardous circumstance that comes with flooding. If you have treasures or heirlooms you want to be rescued and cannot enter your home, we do our best to retrieve them.
Contact SERVPRO of Northeast Bergen County at (201) 244-0100 if you need flood damage service in Closter.
What Can Be Done After a Closter Business Fire?
Fire damaged restoration is no DIY project. Call the professionals at SERVPRO their technicians are trained and ready for any size fires damage.
Our Professional Technicians Provide Emergency Mitigation and Fire Restoration Services
When a fire breaks out in your business, you need help fast. Many times, the damage is from sprinklers or firefighting efforts. Immediate mitigation is the key to getting your business back up and running.
SERVPRO Helps Businesses Recover From Fires
If a fire occurs in a business, your insurance may require you to hire a fire restoration service in Closter. Our technicians are experts at helping companies recover from fire damage. The process includes cleaning, repair, and restoration. While everyone’s situation is different, there are specific steps that are basic to each one. These include:
- Scoping the damage and assessing the immediate needs
- Removal of debris and charred remains
- Soot, residual water, and odor mitigation
- Content cleaning
Our fire and smoke restoration technicians (FSRT) work with business owners to determine which mitigation efforts are right for rebuilding their business. Our goal is to clean and restore your facility and leave it “Like it never even happened.”
Rapid intervention is the key, and our fast response helps minimize damage and loss. It is critical to remove soot and smoke odors as quickly as possible. Contact SERVPRO of Northeast Bergen County at (201) 244-0100 for fire restoration services in Closter.
Cresskill Residents Count on SERVPRO When Water Damage Occurs
Water mitigation is no easy task. Call the professionals at SERVPRO, their technicians are trained for the water restoration and build back.
SERVPRO provides prompt water mitigation to homes with water intrusions
Cresskill got its name from the watercress that grows along the many streams in the area. It is a small borough in New Jersey. It was incorporated in 1894 when Bergen County went through many remote locations, becoming boroughs.
The Railroad & Chickens Boost the Economy
Like many small cities, the railroad made a considerable difference in Cresskill residents being able to travel to different parts of the state. It also brought revenue and customers to Cresskill. One of the primary sources of the local economy was a chicken hatchery. By 1897 it was the largest in the world. The poultry farm was owned by W.C. Baker and held 2000 laying hens. It could produce a quarter-million broiler chickens every year. That’s a lot of chicken!
Camp Merritt & WWI
The railroad was the reason the establishment of Camp Merritt was possible. More than a million American troops got sent through this major debarkation point on the way to the battlefront. The camp could hold 38,000 transit troops. The troops were transported via two different routes to their sending off point. Local railroads would carry the men south along with one of the routes. The other route involved groups of up to 3000 men marching to the northeast. They would march for an hour and then board ferryboats that would take them to Hoboken. They then would travel by train to a terminal on Long Island and their final destination of the embarkation piers. Approximately one million of the four million troops sent to the Western Front during World War I would pass through Camp Merrit. The camp was decommissioned in 1919.
National Register of Historic Places
If you are one of those who enjoy historical places, Cresskill has several. These include:
• Blackledge-Gair House – one of the Early Stone Houses of Bergen County, the building is an architectural delight.
• Demerit-Atwood House- a distinct brick and wood two-story home that was built in 1793.
• Peter Huyler House – located on the Captain John Huyler Homestead, this land once belonged to a loyalist. The stonework is some of the finest in the county.
• Benjamin P Westervelt House – a local militia member was the original owner. The main wing of the house is in the Dutch colonial style. The Westervelt family has continuously occupied the site since 1778. It has been used in several films.These sites are worth checking out for the architectural value alone.
SERVPRO Provides Water Mitigation Services to Cresskill Residents
When a water intrusion occurs, you want fast mitigation to avoid further damage to your home. SERVPRO provides both water mitigation and restoration. Our technicians use the following mitigation techniques when cleaning and restoring your home:
• Dealing with safety concerns
• Water extraction using pumps designed for the situation
• Setting up the humidifiers and air movers
• Establishing drying goals
• Relocating content to unaffected areas
• Furniture blocking
• Containment to prevent water migration.
Once our technicians have done all that, we move on to the restoration process. This may involve repainting walls and redoing wallpaper, and replacing drywall and ceiling panel sections if needed. We may also need to replace insulation if it could not be dried. We also refinish water damaged wood surfaces. Any impacted content is cleaned and dried.
If you need water mitigation in Cresskill, contact SERVPRO of Northeast Bergen County at (201) 244-0100. We’re Faster To Any Size Disaster.
Therapeutic Art Workshop Delivered Virtually in Closter
Raise your hand for creative and professional SERVPRO fire damage restoration for your Closter home!
Weekly Lesson to Help Closter Residents Use Art for Better Mental Health
Expressing yourself in art can be a great way to blow off steam or challenge your capabilities. Creating art can also have a therapeutic effect, thus helping people cope with mental issues such as the isolation that the pandemic has introduced. The type of art can range from painting, drawing, coloring, collage, or any other exciting thing. However, guidance is necessary to maximize the benefits. Since you may not know other people in Closter that might be interested, the virtual Therapeutic Art Workshop can be of great help to you.
The main aspects of the event include:
- Weekly classes held on Tuesdays starting from 11 AM
- The instructor, Sarah Serrano, is a Master's graduate from Pratt Institute in Creative Arts Therapy
- The event is organized by SocietyX, which brings hyper-niche creatives who share or teach various engaging lessons for the benefit of the public
SERVPRO of Northeast Bergen County brings together highly trained and experienced technicians who help Closter homeowners carry out successful fire and smoke restoration. Call us at (201) 244-0100.
Conflict Management Classroom Training for Cresskill Managers
Hey Cresskill Property Managers--Don't Be Conflicted about Mold Remediation--Just Call SERVPRO!
Conflict Management and Communication Skills Workshop to Help Resolve Issues in Cresskill Workplaces
When different people interact, especially in a work environment, conflicts tend to arise. If not adequately addressed, they can lead to animosity or other extreme outcomes. Whether the conflicts develop between workmates or between staff members and clients, the person in a leadership position must find a way to diffuse the situation and resolve the issue collaboratively. You can gain the skills necessary to handle such situations through training or experience. Another alternative is through interactive training that involves role-playing. The Conflict Management and Communication Skills workshop can impart the skills you need when running your Cresskill business.
The key features of the one-day event include:
- An 8-hour intensive and interactive session with industry experts
- Case studies and role-play to help practice the lessons learned
- Demonstration by the trainers on how to break down barriers that lead to conflict or prevent resolution
The event starts at 9 AM, ending at 5 PM, once a month. You can reserve a seat for the January session scheduled on January 22nd, 2020.
SERVPRO of Northeast Bergen County helps perform mold remediation to restore Cresskill business premises to their preloss state. Call us at (201) 244-0100 for fast assistance.
Spice Up Your Friday Night in Cresskill with Tango
A fire in your Closter Home? It takes two to tango--The local fire department and SERVPRO for the cleanup and restoration
Pair Up with Your Partner and other Cresskill Tango Enthusiasts for an Evening of Fun
Dancing tango is great for many reasons, apart from the thrill of enjoying music. Some people do it for physical exercise, emotional health, and social interaction or improve their cognitive abilities. Although the most popular thing about tango is that it takes two people, other aspects such as music or other people's presence are equally important. You can enjoy all the thrills of this spectacular dance in Cresskill at The American Legion Hall.
The event is organized every Friday by Club tango to promote the dance art in New Jersey. If you would wish to take part, you should note that:
- Seating is limited, so you should make a reservation before the day.
- Participants enjoy both traditional and Nuevo dancing style and music
- Beginners get a free lesson
- A community wine table plus food provided
SERVPRO of Northeast Bergen County helps provide professional fire damage cleanup in Cresskill properties. Call us at (201) 244-0100 to help restore your property to its preloss state.
Dedicated Local Service Helps Deliver Convenient Water Mitigation Services in Closter
Closter is a lovely historic hub in the Northern Valley--But for water damage--Call SERVPRO
SERVPRO Provides Advanced Resources that Simplify Water Mitigation in Closter Properties
Closter sits in what used to be the homeland of the Lenape people. They used to fish the rivers and streams, hunted in the woods, and tilled the land for their daily food needs. The Lenape were also known as the Delaware people or Lenni Lenape. They inhabited most of the northeastern United States and some parts of Canada. The territory they occupied was collectively known as Lenapehoking.
The expanding European colonies and inter-tribal fighting among the indigenous people pushed the Lenape from their homelands in the 18th century. The Dutch were the first settlers to occupy the area and christened it New Netherlands before the English took over. The name Closter is thought to have originated from the Dutch word Klooster which translates to a monastery or a quiet place. In addition to the name, there are other remnants of the Dutch influence in the borough, including some of the buildings they constructed, which appear in the national register of historic places:
- Tallman-Vanderbeck House located on the Piedmont road. It was constructed in 1778
- Abram Demaree House located on Schraalenburgh and old hooks road
- William De Clark House built in 1776
Although there are several old homes, there are no museums in the area apart from the Belskie Museum of Art and Science, which is relatively recent. It was set up in 1993 by the Closter Lions Club then donated to the borough. Initially, it was set up to showcase Abram Belskie, a resident of the area who was also a medical illustrator and Sculptor. Belskie was famous for the Birth Series sculpture artworks in 1939, which he collaborated with Dr. Robert Dickinson to create. Some of his creations were exhibited at the 1939 World Fair. Another popular set of works was the Norman and Norma sculptures, which represented the statistically ideal male and female body figures. He created them using data collected over time by Dickinson. The museum also exhibits works from emerging artists in the Northern New Jersey area. Visitors get free admission to explore the different pieces exhibited there.
A Nice Quiet Town
The area lives up to its name as a nice quiet place since there are numerous green spaces in this area as well as several modern amenities like retail outlets, schools, wellness centers, and even a miniature golf course, which is no surprise since New Jersey is one of the top recognized locations for mini-golf. Some of the top-rated parks in the area include:
- Schauble Park was named after Kenneth W. Schauble, a marine from Bergen County who served in Vietnam and was killed-in-action on July 6, 1969. The park located on top of a hill has various amenities, including a jogging and walking track encircling the entire park and a skinned softball field. In the woods section, there is also a small BMX course.
- Ruckman Park Renaissance is an excellent place for kids to play. There is an open grass field as well as swings and slides. The park is surrounded by a patch of dense woods, making it a great place to hang out or have a picnic.
- Closter Nature Center is a unique oasis in the middle of suburban New Jersey. It comprises 136 acres of brooks, ponds, meadows, and forests that visitors can explore. The park offers educational tours and lectures for individuals, groups, and schools.
Shopping Amenities in Closter
Although it is relatively small at only 8.5 km², there are sufficient amenities, especially for general or specialized shopping needs. Some of the notable establishments include:
- Target retail chain for general home goods, electronics, and clothing. It is conveniently located on Vervalen Street. The store was established in early 2016 as one of the first "flexible format" locations in the New Jersey area.
- Whole Foods Market for groceries and houseware. The store focuses on organic and natural grocery items. It has many positive reviews for offering fair prices, especially for cooked foods. Amazon Prime members can also place orders online and collect the items as curbside pick-up.
- Northern Valley Sports Academy (NVSA), a specialty sporting goods chain offering athletic apparel and footwear. It also stocks fitness equipment and outdoor gear. In addition to selling products, the facility also offers lessons, clinics, summer camps, and rental spaces for events.
- The Metropolitan Farm, a unique establishment that is also the oldest working farm in New Jersey. It is a one-stop-shop for gardening needs because it sells fresh farm products, shrubs, perennials, ornamental trees, and even pottery.
Which Water Mitigation Services Does SERVPRO offer in Closter?
Although water is a great utility that serves different purposes in homes, it also readily damages materials when they are exposed unintentionally. Such water exposure can happen when pipes burst, releasing significant amounts of water within a short time or small leaks hidden over long periods. Regardless of the mode of leakage, finding the right solution to mitigate the damage is essential to restore the Closter property to its preloss state.
When there is a water intrusion incident, removing any stagnant water and drying affected materials are the two crucial processes to halt the deterioration of materials through staining, mold development or warping, and other physical changes in wooden materials. Completing the removal at the right speed is also essential since hasty removal can cause damages such as cracking or transfer of moisture if the removal is done too fast. SERVPRO provides all the resources necessary for a properly managed removal process.
- We use various types of dehumidifiers to regulate the amount of moisture in the air before starting water extraction or during the drying phase
- We use water extractors with sufficient vacuum lift or specialized capabilities to extract water below surfaces such as tiled floors
- We use air movers to expedite the evaporation of water from wet materials
Our IICRC certified water restoration technicians also perform various calculations to determine the correct ratio of extraction and drying devices to complete the job within an appropriate timeline.
SERVPRO of Northeast Bergen County offers water mitigation services in Closter. Call us at (201) 244-0100 for immediate assistance.
A Behind the Scenes Look at the Giraffe House of Turtleback Zoo Opens for Closter Residents this Christmas.
SERVPRO is looking forward to the view at the Turtleback Zoo!
Closter Residents Can Take a Short Trip to Turtleback Zoo on Weekends Throughout December to View the Amazing Giraffe House.
Turtle Back Zoo is rated as the number one Zoo in New Jersey, with 20 acres of parkland inhabited by 200 different animal species. This December, Closter residents have the opportunity of getting an up-close and personal look at the Giraffe House. The tour is running every Saturday and Sunday throughout the month, starting from December 5th. The tour is around thirty minutes long and takes guests into the Giraffe barn, where they can meet Turtle Back's Giraffe Keeper. The tours start at 2 pm every day and include full admission into the surrounding zoo afterward.
- The minimum age requirement for seeing the Giraffe House is six years old. An adult must accompany all under 18s.
- Face coverings must be worn at all times while group-sizes are limited to 10 guests to ensure that proper social distancing is adhered to.
- Cancellations can be made for any tickets providing they are at least seven days before the tour.
Rising river tides can lead to overflow and flash flooding of your property. Contact SERVPRO of Northeast Bergen County at (201) 244-0100.
Christmas Shopping For Children at the Kids Market Near Closter.
It will be exciting to see the community at the Westfield Garden State Plaza for the scavenger hunt!
The Unique Holiday Market for Closter Families Starts on the 7th of December at Westfield Garden State Plaza.
This year Westfield is providing a supervised shopping experience for children between the ages of 5 and 12. The adventures run for 30 to 40 minutes to teach children about managing budgets, creating shopping lists, and exploring a large indoor environment like Westfield's plaza to do their Christmas shopping. The tickets start at just $5, including two socially-distanced, live puppet shows and a scavenger hunt. Kids are given clipboards, shopping lists, and pencils to provide a real-experience of Christmas shopping and gift-giving. A strong focus on individual and independent play is present during the holiday shopping market.
- Tickets are registered on a timeslot basis and can be booked through Eventbrite.
- The kids market is separate from the central mall on level two of the plaza. Guardians and children receive matching wrist bands.
- Parents can observe the shopping experience from the sidelines of the kid's market, but it is encouraged to explore and shop by themselves for the full experience.
The presence of damp spots in your home can lead to the rapid proliferation of mold spores. Contact SERVPRO of Northeast Bergen County at (201) 244-0100.