We Have Flooding in Our Closter Office, What Can We Do?
Flood Damage is No Match for SERVPRO – Call Us to Begin Cleanup of Your Closter Office Today!
Whether a pipe burst or there was another incident that brought on the emergency, you need to know that you have access to skilled water restoration services. Commercial spaces, in particular, call for unique processes to ensure the flooding gets cleaned up promptly so that your employees and visitors have as little disruption as possible. SERVPRO features a team of certified water restoration technicians (WRT) that you can count on to ensure your Closter office setting sees little downtime. We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster, and you can always reach us 24 hours a day for emergency service!
This is Overwhelming: Where Do We Begin?
For flood damage in Closter, you should have a solid plan for restoration. SERVPRO has a unique process when called for commercial flood restoration, so that way, we can quickly spring into action. We follow best practices for water extraction while doing what we can to salvage interior contents, furnishings, necessary paperwork, and more. Everything gets done to limit secondary damage from taking hold while ensuring that our crew and your staff are safe. When you need fast flooding mitigation and restoration services, you can trust our team for:
• Training and techniques set forth via the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC)
• Detailed and organized pack-out services, if required
• Water removal using advanced water extraction tools and technology
• Controlled demolition and the prompt, ethical removal of unsalvageable materials
• Moisture detection using professional-grade equipment
• Efficient drying using best practices and the latest techniques
• EPA-registered, commercial-grade products for cleaning, sanitization, and disinfection
We Have Our Own Cleaning Crew, Can We Have Them Begin Cleanup?
There are some instances where untrained personnel can make water damage worse when trying to address flooding. Having trained technicians that follow best practices for mitigation and restoration is best. There are a few things to keep in mind when you are faced with flooding and water loss in your commercial space:
• Floodwater, of any kind, should never be left to linger. Water must be removed from the building promptly to help lessen the damage, the cost, and to get it restored to preloss condition.
• If the water gathers contaminants along the way, the need for careful measures is enhanced. Try to set up a barrier to cordon off the loss zone until the SERVPRO team can arrive to start with the loss and flooding assessment.
• Your staff should always have emergency protocols in place that help you handle water damage situations in the future. High levels of water create devastating and costly damages, so ensuring that your cleaning team and employees know how to act goes a long way until the skilled technicians arrive to get to work.
What Type of Damages Am I Looking At?
For a flooding event in your Closter office space, there can be several issues to worry about. All of the potential damage depends on the amount of time and the level of exposure to water. Some of the effects of the flood loss may include:
• Breakdown of structural materials: Lingering water causes wood to swell, warp, and crack. For any drywall throughout your office saturated with water, it can start to warp and crumble. Painted surfaces can begin to bubble and peel, or you might notice discoloration and musty odors on the walls or flooring. Professional drying must take place soon before the materials are no longer salvageable, especially if you have carpeted areas of the office.
• Potential onset of mildew and mold: Organic or porous materials within the building like subfloors or drywall can take on water. When this happens, it creates an environment that is the perfect platform for microbial growth. Mold and mildew thrive on organic materials whenever the temperature and relative humidity are just right.
Upon our arrival at your commercial location, SERVPRO technicians use commercial-grade extraction and drying techniques mixed with OSHA-approved agents and biocides that help inhibit mold and mildew growth.
How Does the Flooding Cleanup Work?
Our crew knows that you have a plethora of valuable information, office equipment, and furnishings within your space that must be used regularly. We know how to inspect every element to determine the best course of action during our restoration process:
• Thorough inspection, to include measuring moisture on surfaces using moisture sensors and moisture meters
• Water extraction using wet/dry vacuums, truck-mounted extractors, suction pads, and more
• Expedient drying to include strategic placement of fans, air movers, and dehumidifiers
• Odor control and sanitation management using specialized anti-microbial solutions and cleaning agents
• Restoration tasks necessary to wrap up the project, including structural repairs and finishing details
To have a crew deployed to your office as soon as possible to begin flood damage restoration, call (201) 244-0100. SERVPRO of Northeast Bergen County is here to make it “Like it never even happened.”