Why Is Inventory a Key Part of Cresskill Water Mitigation?
SERVPRO Helps Cresskill Residents With Water Mitigation and More
Cresskill is a borough of just over 8,000 people located in New Jersey. The area got its unusual name from the wild watercress that grew abundantly there before the area became more urban and from the stream that runs through it. “Kill” is an old name for a stream, strait, inlet, or other small body of water. Cresskill grew quickly thanks to it being so convenient for New York, and the appearance of a railway there increased its growth and popularity.
Cresskill is an excellent base for exploring New Jersey and New York. It is near to such famous sites as Times Square, the Empire State Building, and Central Park, but it is also close to plenty of state parks and hiking areas.
Enjoy Good Hiking and Good Food Near Cresskill
Cresskill offers access to plenty of lovely natural areas, including:
- The Tenafly Nature Center offers 400 acres of woodland to explore. The center is entirely member-supported and exists to educate the next generation on the importance of living in harmony with nature. The walks are clearly signposted, and you can pass a happy afternoon strolling beside the brook and ponds.
- Demarest Nature Center offers walks that can last for a couple of hours, or just five minutes, which means you will always find something to suit you. There are well-marked trails along with heavily wooded and marshy areas where you can see plenty of wildlife.
- Closter Nature Center is a hidden gem! You can explore most of the site in under an hour, and yet you will feel like you are miles away from civilization. A great place to birdwatch or enjoy the antics of the many squirrels and chipmunks who live there.
If all that walking works up an appetite, do not worry. Cresskill has plenty of eateries to refresh you. Some popular choices include:
- Samdan Restaurant offers authentic Turkish and Middle Eastern cuisine in a friendly atmosphere with very reasonable prices. Be sure to check out their set menus for a delicious meal on a budget.
- Umeya offers fresh sushi made to authentic recipes. You can order takeout or eat in. If you are eating in, sit at the sushi bar and watch the chefs at work for the ultimate experience. If you are ordering takeout, do so in advance, as they get swamped.
- Jack’s Lobster Shack is a family-run establishment that serves only the freshest lobster and seafood. They also offer delicious fries and slaw.
Do You Need Inventory During Water Mitigation?
One of the first things you will need to do after water damage is to call your insurance company. And one of the first things your insurance company will do is ask you for an inventory and evidence of losses.
SERVPRO understands that creating an inventory is stressful. We also know that a thorough inventory is key to liaising with your insurance company. That is why we include an inventory service as part of water mitigation. We can:
- Provide a detailed estimate of what has been lost and what must be replaced.
- Pretest all items to determine if we can salvage them or not.
- Give you an electronic spreadsheet with a full loss inventory.
For help with post-water mitigation inventory, call SERVPRO of Northeast Bergen County at (201) 244-0100.